What’s on my desktop this month…
Here’re the Word.docs I’ve got going on in the January/February/March period. Hey, I never promised this game would a) Be regular; or b) Be any fun.
As you can probably guess from the background, I finished TWD. In all honesty, The Walking Dead game deserves a much better post than I’m capable of making, but I’ll give it a shot at some point. For now, let’s just say I finished it about two weeks ago, and it was one of the most intense, evocative storytelling experiences of my whole life. I think it’s won about 100 Game of the Year awards by this point, and it deserves every single fucking one of them.
I was crying so hard at the end, when I went downstairs to tell Katie it was over, I was having trouble talking and breathing. That’s not an exaggeration. It may be less than cool, sure, but it’s not an exaggeration.
As for the actual Desktop Watch, it runs a little like this:
- Howl of the Birthworld is my first Space Wolf pack, for ToFH.
- Blood & Fire (Rewrite) – A sequel story to Helsreach, where Grimaldus intervenes with the Celestial Lions before they can destroy themselves. I did almost all of it in first-person present tense, then decided I hated it, and spent three days rewriting it first-person past tense. It’s almost finished now.
- First King of Rome – Is a secret.
- Blood in the Water – A Horus Heresy Blood Angel short story, and a prequel to Master of Mankind, my next HH novel.
- The Lord Inquisitor – The current script for The Lord Inquisitor movie, obviously.
The first month of our Tale of Five Heretics is getting close to its update, and it’ll come as no surprise for y’all to learn that in the time it’s taken me and John to build and paint 5 Marines each, Eddie has painted 20, as well as a converted Contemptor Dreadnought, and managed to build a Land Raider just for kicks.