I’ll spare you the tedium and get to the point. Here’s why I’ve not been blogging much:
- I’m finishing ‘Extinction’, which is a short story in the GD UK anthology, serving as a prologue to The Talon of Horus – the first novel in the Black Legion/Abaddon/Rise of the Warmaster series. It’s all unconfirmed, but that’s the aim right now.
- I’m coming close to being about halfway through Betrayer. This book is starting to feel like it’ll be long; about as long as The First Heretic. Maybe a little longer.
- I’m slowly getting ’round to doing that video Q&A I promised a while back. It’s taking a while because it’s pretty time-consuming, and I’ve not got a wealth of free time right now.
- The Lordi crew have been working on The Lord Inquisitor, which now has so many views on YouTube that fucking it up has become a real fear. Last time I looked, it was up to almost half a million views, which isn’t exactly small fry.
- Alexander’s now 4.5 months old, meaning he never shuts up with his wordless babbles and is putting everything he can reach into his mouth. So there’s that going on.
- I’m playing way too much Civ V.
- But not so much WoW.
- The Suns drafted Kendall Marshall (that’s good) but lost Steve Nash (that’s bad). They signed Goran Dragic (that’s good) and Michael Beasely (that might be good or bad). They’re also moving in on Eric Gordon (that’s good) but New Orleans will almost definitely keep his contract (that’s bad). The frogurt is also cursed. That’s bad.
- I’m devoting a few hours a week to Star Wars: The Old Republic, playing with Katie and our friends Steve and Emma. We’re all D&Ders and roleplayers in WoW, so it’s all very in-character and stuff. I’ll probably do some Let’s Play updates here and there on my blog, if anything strikes me as funny or cool enough to show. I tend to prefer to play healers (which makes a lie of my Rogue in WoW…) and I’d briefly dabbled with a Trooper when I played the first month of TOR right after it was released. Republic Commando remains my fave Star Wars game ever (admittedly tied with Knights of the Old Republic), and I wanted to give a Trooper another shot, but I ended up trying something new.
Here’s the gang at Level 11, just starting out in our basic equipment after we just met up for the first time. In true MMO guild-style, we posed for a screenie. Click to zoom, and all that jazz.